"Innovation in the semiconductor sector and the role of collaboration between academia, research and industry"
An one-day workshop on "Innovation in the semiconductor sector and the role of collaboration between academia, research and industry" will be held on October 11th 2012, at the Foundation for Research & Technology – Hellas (FORTH), Heraklion, Greece. The workshop is a satellite event of the 5th International Conference on Micro- Nanoelectronics, Nanotechnologies and MEMs, which will be held in Heraklion from October 7th to October 10th. The purpose of the workshop is to highlight the methodology to create efficient collaboration between academia and industry, and in this way nourish innovation and efficiently commercialize research results. An emphasis will be devoted to show how this methodology has to be adapted in the case of Greece.The workshop will bring together key players from industry, academia and public authorities
Presentation topics and speakers include:
- Leuven, a region for innovation & high-tech entrepreneurship by Dr. Martin Hinoul of Technology Transfer Office of Leuven University, Belgium
- Building a Silicon Valley technology startup equipped with Greek R&D and global business mindset: The case of Helic in EDA and the examples of the Hellenic Semiconductor Industry Association members by Dr. Yorgos Koutsoyannopoulos of Helic, Greece
- The experience of the largest Greek Si based solar cells producing company (SOLAR CELLS HELLAS GROUP) on the cooperation between academia and industry on industrial applications by Dr. Dimitrios Varvitsiotis of Solar Cells Hellas Group, Greece
- FORTH / PRAXI Network: Technology Transfer Examples from Academia to Industry by Dr. Apostolis Dimitriadis of HELP-FORWARD Network, Greece
- Round table on collaboration between academia, research and industrywith the participation of Prof. Evripidis Stefanou (rector of University of Crete, Greece), Prof. Costas Fotakis (Chairman of FORTH)
The workshop will start at 10:00 am of October 11th and it will take place in the main aphitheater of FORTH, at Vassilika Vouton.
For instructions how to get there, please consult http://www.iesl.forth.gr/about_iesl/reach.aspx
There is no participation fee but an early registration is obligatory as there is a limitation in the number of participants.
For more information and registration please contact:
Mrs. Marina Tzanakaki
To see the Workshop's Photo Gallery please click here
To Download A. Dimitriadis Talk please click here
To Download M. Hinoul Talk please click here
To Download Gavrilakis Talk please click here
To Download Koutsogiannopoulos Talk please click hereSupported by Hellenic funds and the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) under the Hellenic National Strategic Reference Framework (ESPA) 2007-2013, according to Contract no. MICRO2-59/E-V